Preparing For Your Consultation
Consultations with your board-certified plastic surgeon are important so that you are able to educate yourself about all of your options and decrease any anxiety you may have for the upcoming procedure. To get the most out of your consultation, here is what you can expect before and during your appointment with Dr. Sosa and Dr. Johnston:
Before You Leave Home
- When you visit my office in Lake Mary, I want you to have the best, most productive experience possible. You should leave feeling confident that all your questions have been answered, but I don’t want you to be overwhelmed by information. One way to prevent confusion during your consultation is by completing preliminary research about your procedure. The more you know about what you want done, the more you can get out of our time together. Educating yourself allows you to have more of your questions answered, letting you leave relaxed and feeling positive about your procedure instead of anxious. It also helps to come prepared to the consultation. I highly recommend having your questions typed or written down, so you can make the best out of your time.
- We suggest bringing a significant other, family member, or friend to your appointments. It will help you to have supportive people involved with your decision and informed about your procedure, especially when they will be taking care of you afterwards.
- If possible, consider childcare options for young children. As a parent, the majority of your time is dedicated to your child(ren) but we want to make sure your appointment is all about you. When a young child joins you at your appointment it can be difficult to step out of “parent mode” and into “you mode.” However, children of any age are always welcome in our office. If your child(ren) are old enough to sit by themselves they are welcome to remain in our waiting area so you can attend your appointment in private.
- You will find paperwork for you to fill out in advance and return to the office prior to your visit on our website: orlandopsa.com. This will also be sent to you when you make an appointment. The forms will ask about your personal and medical information, and take around 15 minutes to fill out. By having your medical information sent to me in advance, I can review the information beforehand and we can spend your consultation discussing what you want, your goals, and coming up with a plan that meets or exceeds your wants and needs.
- Doing your preliminary research on the plastic surgery you are interested in will make the consultation much better. You will be rewarded for your effort. Educating yourself before your consultation will let you feel more relaxed, and you’ll have the tools you need to make the best decision.
- So where do you go to get prepared? By reading this you have already started. Take some time to review my website and learn about me, my staff, and our practice. Click on the pages of the procedures you are interested in. You will find additional links for information. The Internet is a great source of information, but remember that not everything you read is necessarily true. To help you with your research, you may receive a link to Emmi Solutions when you contact our office to make your consultation appointment. Emmi Solutions is a great resource for more complex procedures I perform, and educates you in a time efficient manner.
Emmi Solutions provides a collection of online, multimedia programs that teach patients about medical procedures. By simplifying complex information, they make your procedure easier to understand and can improve procedure outcomes. Emmi programs can be watched on any device with Internet access, including computers, smartphones and tablets. People can watch the programs as often as they like, and can share them with family and friends. These programs promote patient involvement, helping patients understand what they need to do and why.
During Your Consultation
- Dr. Sosa or Dr. Johnston offers complimentary cosmetic consultations for selected cosmetic procedures to discuss your desired changes and expectations. They will review your medical history and current health to make a suggestion of what procedures are best for you.
- This is a great time to ask your questions so that Dr. Sosa and Dr. Johnston can reduce any anxiety you may have for surgery.
- With the procedures suggested, Dr. Sosa or Dr. Johnston will discuss what results you will see, alternatives, risks and benefits.
- After you and the doctor agree on the procedure, our staff will go over costs and scheduling at your convenience. If you prefer to finance your procedure you can also receive information to help with this as well.
Dr. Sosa and Dr. Johnston’s consultations are held to improve your overall experience at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates and get you the best results possible. If you have any further questions about your consultation, contact us today. Our office makes every effort to work with your schedule and values the time you make to consult with us. In turn, we expect the same from you. If you need to cancel, reschedule, or have any other problems with your consultation time, please inform our office.