Radiesse is a combination filler made of two ingredients: A form of calcium (Hydroxylapatite) and liquid gel. Radiesse is a volumizing filler that lifts the tissue and “fills in” wrinkles.
Dr. Johnston can manipulate Radiesse at the time of injection. Once injected, Radiesse becomes incorporated into your tissue and becomes fixed. After just a few hours it is difficult to “mold.” If you were capable of molding your Radiesse injection in a week, it could possibly stay that way.
If you have moved your injection of Radiesse, it is important to notify Dr. Johnston as soon as possible. He may be able to inject a medicine that reduces the gel potion of the injection and achieve the results you wish.
Here are some tips to maintain your Radiesse injections:
• Do not massage or otherwise manipulate the area injected
• Use Tylenol as needed for any soreness. Do not use aspirin or other anti-inflammatory products.
• A topical cold pack may be applied as needed
• Avoid strenuous exercise for a day. Avoid extensive sun or heat exposure for the same time period
• Avoid dental work for two weeks if the nasolabial or marionette regions have been injected
• Avoid sleeping on your stomach for two weeks. Sleeping on your side is fine
• Aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication use can be resumed at two days post injection.
• Over time, the injected area will feel softer, more and more like your own tissues
• Contact Dr. Johnston with any concerns regarding your healing.