May is Melanoma awareness month, and everyone at Orlando Plastic Surgery would like to help you take the steps necessary to prevent skin cancer. There are many ways you and your family can be proactive about preventing skin cancer like melanoma. Read on to learn more. About Melanoma Melanoma is one of the most common
- What type of tummy tuck is right for you?A tummy tuck can be an effective solution when your best efforts have not yielded any results in regards to the appearance of your midsection.
- Is weight loss your New Year's resolution? What's next when you lose the weight?Body contouring can help put the finishing touches on your 2020 weight loss goal and keep you motivated.
- What kind of scar can you expect after a tummy tuck?If you are considering a tummy tuck, it will be important to understand the incision scars that will remain after surgery.
- How to decide if you need a breast lift, breast implants or bothIf you have considered having cosmetic breast surgery, there is a good chance that you have also wondered if you need breast implants and/or a breast lift.
- Answers to common tummy tuck questionsA tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that removes the extra skin and fat of the abdomen and repairs the paired six-pack muscles that may have separated after childbirth, weight gain or aging.
- Is a rhinoplasty right for you?Rhinoplasty consistently ranks among the top ten most sought-after plastic surgery procedures.
- What's behind the cost of Botox and injectable fillers?The price of popular cosmetic treatments like Botox and dermal fillers is a factor that many people take into consideration before booking their appointment.
- Finding the right plastic surgeon for youIf you've decided to have plastic surgery, you've probably spent a lot of time wondering how to find a good plastic surgeon.
- Best minimally invasive procedures to look your best for the holidaysMinimally invasive cosmetic procedures are a fantastic way to look rejuvenated and brighten up your look during the holidays with minimal to no downtime.
- A new minimally invasive treatment to get you ready for the holidaysNow that the holidays are quickly upon us, how do we look great at the holiday party on very short notice? Luckily, there are several new aesthetic options that don't require surgery or significant downtime.
- How long does Botox last?Don't we wish Botox lasted forever? Unfortunately, it doesn't. In general, Botox lasts 3-4 months, but every patient is different.
- What's so special about Retin-A?Retin-A, or Tretinoin, is a form of vitamin A that was developed at the University of Pennsylvania in the 1960s. One of the most successful patents of all time, it revolutionized topical skin care and still has great utility today.
- Answers to common questions about breast reconstructionBreast reconstruction for breast cancer patients has been an option for several years. Unfortunately, it is not usually talked about in conversations about mastectomies and lumpectomies.
- How can plastic surgeons help treat thumb arthritis?Hand surgery is one of many components of plastic surgery training. Many plastic surgeons incorporate hand surgery into their practices, some completing hand fellowships and focusing solely on hand surgery.
- Understanding your options for breast reconstruction following mastectomyIt is important to remember that if faced with a breast cancer diagnosis, you will have choices on how, and if, you would like to reconstruct your breasts following removal of the cancer.
Get Glowing, Clear Skin for Summer!
While Florida generally always has beautiful weather, the summer months are fast approaching, which means warmer temps and more sun! While spending more time outdoors and at the beach, most women choose to go makeup-free. Don’t let dull skin and blemishes stop you from putting your freshest face forward! With these med-spa treatments, you can
The Benefits of HydraFacial®
The advanced skincare treatment, HydraFacial®, is quickly rising in popularity in the Orlando area. When skin is dry and irritated, it can increase the visible signs of aging. This breakthrough treatment offers hydration to aging skin, helping to improve the overall appearance of your complexion. What is HydraFacial®? HydraFacial® is a multi-step treatment to
The HydraFacial: What to Expect
The HydraFacial MD treatment is causing a lot of buzz, and with an array of benefits, it’s no wonder why. This treatment boasts no downtime, no discomfort, and immediate results. Plus, one treatment is quick, only taking 30 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, it’s not, and is offered at Orlando Plastic Surgery
Spider Veins, Rosacea, Dark Spots; Oh My!
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, 50-55% of women complain about spider veins, or Telangiectasia. It can be caused by high blood pressure, obesity, aging, rosacea, inflammatory conditions, or even simple stress, insomnia, or lack of exercise. Although these veins are usually harmless, they can sometimes be achy or painful. Rosacea is also