When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Well, you see you of course! However, as we age, we may begin to notice that our reflections are showing signs of aging, and appear a bit haggard. If this sounds like you, don’t panic thinking that invasive surgery is your only option. Today,
- Breast augmentation – why cost shouldn’t be the first question you askOne of the most common questions regarding breast augmentation is "how much does it cost?"
- Your 6-month guide to planning a tummy tuckAn abdominoplasty, better known as a tummy tuck, is a surgical procedure that requires careful planning and meticulous follow-up care for the best results.
- Understanding revision rhinoplasty and why patients seek out this procedureRevision rhinoplasty applies to any patient who has previously undergone rhinoplasty one or more times and desires improvement in the appearance and often the function of the nose.
- Where on your body can you get liposuction?In 2017, more than 246,000 people across the United States opted to undergo liposuction to help them achieve their aesthetic goals.
- How to find a plastic surgeonWhile it's become easier and more commonplace to get plastic surgery, it can feel a tad daunting when patients begin their search for a qualified plastic surgeon to whom they can entrust their treatment.
- What is an auto-augmentation breast lift?Auto-augmentation is best suited for women with ample breast tissue who want to enhance the appearance of their sagging breasts without losing size.
- Five questions to ask at your vaginal rejuvenation consultationThe term "vaginal rejuvenation" can cover a wide variety of procedures both surgical and nonsurgical. These types of procedures can help tighten the vaginal canal as well as reshape the vulva area.
- Weighing your anesthesia options for a mommy makeoverAs exciting as motherhood can be, it can also take a toll on your body. Pregnancy, childbirth and nursing can leave many women feeling insecure about their post-baby bodies.
- How plastic surgery can help you achieve your New Year's resolutionsSo how might plastic surgery factor in with New Year's resolutions? We can all agree that when we know we are looking our best, we tend to perform better at work, thrive in social situations and even in our own heads.
- The best lip enhancement treatment for youWhether you have a "gummy" smile, wrinkles above your lips, downturned corners of your mouth or just want a luscious pout, there is an option to enhance your lips.
- The benefits of a good gynecomastia surgery postop routineRecovery following gynecomastia surgery is an important period when it comes to obtaining the best possible results.
- Breastfeeding after periareolar breast augmentationThe vast majority of patients who undergo this surgery are younger women before they have children, and breastfeeding is a concern for a large segment of women who are considering implant-based surgery.
- How to prepare for post-weight loss body contouring surgerySignificant weight loss can often leave behind loose unwanted skin in areas of the body including the abdomen, arms, thighs and buttocks. If your weight loss has left you with excess loose, sagging skin, you might consider body contouring.
- Your facelift recovery explained from Day 1 to Day 30If you are considering a facelift procedure, it's important to know not just about the surgical procedure but the protocol following surgery as well.
- Four tips to prepare for gynecomastia surgeryIt is estimated that one in four men between the ages of 50 and 69 are affected by gynecomastia, which is a condition causing overdeveloped or enlarged male breasts.
Dr. Johnston Honored for 25 years as Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health
Everyone at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates would like to congratulate Dr. Johnston on 25 fabulous years as the Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health. Not only was Dr. Johnston born in this hospital, it is also where he underwent his residency and dedicated 25 years volunteering in the chairman role to help
Get Radiant Skin this Summer with HydraFacial
Summer is finally here, which means more fun in the sun! However, patients should be wary of too much sun exposure; not only can the sun leave your skin dry and cracked, it can also contribute to sun damage and signs of aging. In fact, 90% of skin damage is caused by sun exposure. While
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Reading Nutrition Labels
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one-third of U.S. adults have obesity. We are all aware that obesity can cause a myriad of health problems, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and more. However, studies show that fewer than 50% of people say they pay attention to nutritional
ASPS Releases 2016 Plastic Surgery Stats
The America Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has released its annual plastic surgery statistics report. The report shows a continued growth in many plastic and cosmetic procedures over the last year. In 2016, Americans spent more than ever on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, totaling $16 billion. Read on to learn which procedures have risen in