When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Well, you see you of course! However, as we age, we may begin to notice that our reflections are showing signs of aging, and appear a bit haggard. If this sounds like you, don’t panic thinking that invasive surgery is your only option. Today,
- Is a rhinoplasty right for you?Rhinoplasty consistently ranks among the top ten most sought-after plastic surgery procedures.
- What's behind the cost of Botox and injectable fillers?The price of popular cosmetic treatments like Botox and dermal fillers is a factor that many people take into consideration before booking their appointment.
- Finding the right plastic surgeon for youIf you've decided to have plastic surgery, you've probably spent a lot of time wondering how to find a good plastic surgeon.
- Best minimally invasive procedures to look your best for the holidaysMinimally invasive cosmetic procedures are a fantastic way to look rejuvenated and brighten up your look during the holidays with minimal to no downtime.
- A new minimally invasive treatment to get you ready for the holidaysNow that the holidays are quickly upon us, how do we look great at the holiday party on very short notice? Luckily, there are several new aesthetic options that don't require surgery or significant downtime.
- How long does Botox last?Don't we wish Botox lasted forever? Unfortunately, it doesn't. In general, Botox lasts 3-4 months, but every patient is different.
- What's so special about Retin-A?Retin-A, or Tretinoin, is a form of vitamin A that was developed at the University of Pennsylvania in the 1960s. One of the most successful patents of all time, it revolutionized topical skin care and still has great utility today.
- Answers to common questions about breast reconstructionBreast reconstruction for breast cancer patients has been an option for several years. Unfortunately, it is not usually talked about in conversations about mastectomies and lumpectomies.
- How can plastic surgeons help treat thumb arthritis?Hand surgery is one of many components of plastic surgery training. Many plastic surgeons incorporate hand surgery into their practices, some completing hand fellowships and focusing solely on hand surgery.
- Understanding your options for breast reconstruction following mastectomyIt is important to remember that if faced with a breast cancer diagnosis, you will have choices on how, and if, you would like to reconstruct your breasts following removal of the cancer.
- Frequently asked liposuction questionsLiposuction can help boost confidence by eliminating stubborn areas of fat that never seem to go away no matter how much you diet or exercise.
- What is the 'side boob' trend and how can plastic surgery help you achieve it?The most sought-after trend in breasts? Side boob. The look is getting more attention in the media, but how do you achieve it?
- Taking the mystery out of Botox and dermal fillersAccording to the latest plastic surgery statistics report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there were approximately 7.4 million injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) and 2.6 million dermal filler injections in 2018.
- How reliable are online reviews for plastic surgery?While a doctor's website is often reliable, there is nonetheless the potential for bias, so patients often rely on online reviews to offer "social proof."
- What is liquid rhinoplasty?A liquid rhinoplasty, or nonsurgical rhinoplasty, is the injection of dermal fillers into the nose to alter its shape.
Dr. Johnston Honored for 25 years as Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health
Everyone at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates would like to congratulate Dr. Johnston on 25 fabulous years as the Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health. Not only was Dr. Johnston born in this hospital, it is also where he underwent his residency and dedicated 25 years volunteering in the chairman role to help
Get Radiant Skin this Summer with HydraFacial
Summer is finally here, which means more fun in the sun! However, patients should be wary of too much sun exposure; not only can the sun leave your skin dry and cracked, it can also contribute to sun damage and signs of aging. In fact, 90% of skin damage is caused by sun exposure. While
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Reading Nutrition Labels
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one-third of U.S. adults have obesity. We are all aware that obesity can cause a myriad of health problems, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and more. However, studies show that fewer than 50% of people say they pay attention to nutritional
ASPS Releases 2016 Plastic Surgery Stats
The America Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has released its annual plastic surgery statistics report. The report shows a continued growth in many plastic and cosmetic procedures over the last year. In 2016, Americans spent more than ever on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, totaling $16 billion. Read on to learn which procedures have risen in