When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Well, you see you of course! However, as we age, we may begin to notice that our reflections are showing signs of aging, and appear a bit haggard. If this sounds like you, don’t panic thinking that invasive surgery is your only option. Today,
- Breast lift with fat grafting can be beneficial for mothers after breastfeedingWhen it comes to breastfeeding, the combination of time, gravity and weight changes can cause the breast tissue to sag, resulting in a shape that is more elliptical than round.
- What you need to know about your liposuction recoveryDid you know that liposuction is the second most popular cosmetic surgery treatment? So if you're considering liposuction, you're in good company.
- What to expect at every stage of your labiaplastyLabiaplasty is a surgical procedure that can improve both cosmetic and health concerns in your vaginal area by reshaping or resizing the vaginal lips, or labia.
- Investing in your safety when choosing to have plastic surgeryBefore embarking on elective plastic surgery, you have choices to make. Who will perform your surgery? Where will your surgeon operate? How much will you pay? If your top priority is low cost, you might not be making the best decision.
- Five common questions everyone has about getting a faceliftA surgical facelift remains an excellent option for many women and men who want better facial definition, smoother skin and an overall younger appearance.
- Three popular options for male body contouringGynecomastia is a condition that causes enlargement of male breast tissue, and the number of men seeking out surgery for gynecomastia has continued to increase over the years.
- Two types of rhinoplasty explained – cosmetic vs functionalRhinoplasty may involve altering the size and shape of the nostrils, bridge, nasal tip and/or other structures. The goal is harmonizing the shape and proportion of the nose with the entire face.
- What you need to know about your tummy tuck recoveryA tummy tuck is a common plastic surgery procedure that has remained popular for years. In fact, the most recent statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that this was one of the top five cosmetic procedures performed for both men and women last year.
- Minimizing the use of opioids for recovery after plastic surgeryAs the public gets better educated and the effects of long-term opioid abuse are shown on the news, the tide has shifted toward more responsible use and prescribing of these powerful medications.
- What men need to know before having gynecomastia surgeryGynecomastia is a condition that causes enlargement of male breast tissue, and the number of men seeking out surgery for gynecomastia has continued to increase over the years.
- What to expect after liposuction – a look at recovery and resultsWhen a healthy diet and exercise fail to get rid of fat bulges, liposuction is often a good option to achieve their desired body contour.
- What you need to know about your breast reconstruction optionsGetting the diagnosis of breast cancer may be one of the most distressing experiences of your life. It is important to look around and be surrounded by family and friends… and a medical team that will support you every step of the way – from diagnosis to recovery. We are here to talk to you about …
- What to look for when considering liposuction costsWhen considering the price of liposuction, it's important to understand and weigh your options before choosing where to have your procedure performed.
- How to get the best results from your faceliftDespite the ever increasing popularity of nonsurgical facial rejuvenation procedures, surgical facelifts still remain a popular option for patients seeking to look younger and refreshed.
- How much does breast augmentation cost?While it's impossible to know at first glance exactly how much breast augmentation will cost for any one person, there are ballpark estimates available.
Dr. Johnston Honored for 25 years as Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health
Everyone at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates would like to congratulate Dr. Johnston on 25 fabulous years as the Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health. Not only was Dr. Johnston born in this hospital, it is also where he underwent his residency and dedicated 25 years volunteering in the chairman role to help
Get Radiant Skin this Summer with HydraFacial
Summer is finally here, which means more fun in the sun! However, patients should be wary of too much sun exposure; not only can the sun leave your skin dry and cracked, it can also contribute to sun damage and signs of aging. In fact, 90% of skin damage is caused by sun exposure. While
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Reading Nutrition Labels
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one-third of U.S. adults have obesity. We are all aware that obesity can cause a myriad of health problems, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and more. However, studies show that fewer than 50% of people say they pay attention to nutritional
ASPS Releases 2016 Plastic Surgery Stats
The America Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has released its annual plastic surgery statistics report. The report shows a continued growth in many plastic and cosmetic procedures over the last year. In 2016, Americans spent more than ever on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, totaling $16 billion. Read on to learn which procedures have risen in