When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Well, you see you of course! However, as we age, we may begin to notice that our reflections are showing signs of aging, and appear a bit haggard. If this sounds like you, don’t panic thinking that invasive surgery is your only option. Today,
- Breast augmentation recovery – what you need to knowLearning what to expect after a breast augmentation and how long it will take to feel completely recovered can help patients better prepare for what can be a life-transforming experience.
- Five tried-and-true tips for men considering plastic surgeryWhen it comes to appearance, men are really no different than women. They do not want to look old, tired or out of shape. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 1.3 million male aesthetic procedures were performed in 2017.
- What to expect during your mommy makeover recoveryTo help you prepare for a smooth, stress-free mommy makeover recovery, take a look at what you can expect at each step of the way and what you can do to help ensure optimal healing and results.
- Getting the cleavage you want with your breast augmentationOne of the most common desires among by patients when it comes to breast augmentation isn't necessarily always size, but rather cleavage.
- Why a patient advocate attends Plastic Surgery The MeetingA patient advocate for breast reconstructions recounts her experience at Plastic Surgery The Meeting in 2016 and explains why she keeps coming back.
- How a nonsurgical rhinoplasty can provide amazing resultsA nonsurgical rhinoplasty is a relatively new procedure, utilizing the benefits of injectable fillers for an in-office "nose job."
- How strong and resilient are breast implants?Breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures across the globe. Millions of women are opting for implants as a way to achieve natural-looking, fuller breasts.
- How long do breast lift results last?A breast lift procedure "lifts" the breasts by removing excess skin then reshapes the surrounding tissue to support a more youthful breast contour. When considering the procedure, many individuals wonder if there is anything they can do to maximize the life expectancy of their breast lift.
- What hair loss treatments are available for women?Noticeable hair loss affects approximately 30 million women in the United States. For women with thinning hair or bald areas, there are plastic surgery treatments available to reverse hair loss and restore your hair.
- What's the difference a trim labiaplasty and a wedge labiaplasty?Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that reduces enlarged labia to achieve a smoother, more comfortable look and feel. There are two common approaches to labiaplasty surgery – the trim technique and the wedge technique.
- Four facts to know about breast augmentation and nipplesOne of the most common questions that women have about breast augmentation is how the procedure might affect the size, shape or position of their nipples.
- Facial feminization for cisgender women with masculine-looking facesFacial feminization is a defined set of plastic and craniofacial surgical procedures that work to reshape masculine facial features to make them appear more feminine.
- Should you add liposuction to your tummy tuck?For many men and women, a combination liposuction plus abdominoplasty can create enhanced results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Facial rejuvenation procedures should be customized for each patientThe term "facial rejuvenation" can be applied to many popular procedures, and it's important to understand which procedure is right for you and your goals.
- What you need to know about thread liftsUntil recently, the only way to address problems caused by facial skin laxity—such as jowls and drooping cheeks—was facelift surgery.
Dr. Johnston Honored for 25 years as Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health
Everyone at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates would like to congratulate Dr. Johnston on 25 fabulous years as the Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health. Not only was Dr. Johnston born in this hospital, it is also where he underwent his residency and dedicated 25 years volunteering in the chairman role to help
Get Radiant Skin this Summer with HydraFacial
Summer is finally here, which means more fun in the sun! However, patients should be wary of too much sun exposure; not only can the sun leave your skin dry and cracked, it can also contribute to sun damage and signs of aging. In fact, 90% of skin damage is caused by sun exposure. While
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Reading Nutrition Labels
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one-third of U.S. adults have obesity. We are all aware that obesity can cause a myriad of health problems, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and more. However, studies show that fewer than 50% of people say they pay attention to nutritional
ASPS Releases 2016 Plastic Surgery Stats
The America Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has released its annual plastic surgery statistics report. The report shows a continued growth in many plastic and cosmetic procedures over the last year. In 2016, Americans spent more than ever on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, totaling $16 billion. Read on to learn which procedures have risen in