When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Well, you see you of course! However, as we age, we may begin to notice that our reflections are showing signs of aging, and appear a bit haggard. If this sounds like you, don’t panic thinking that invasive surgery is your only option. Today,
- Understanding your options for breast reconstruction following mastectomyIt is important to remember that if faced with a breast cancer diagnosis, you will have choices on how, and if, you would like to reconstruct your breasts following removal of the cancer.
- Frequently asked liposuction questionsLiposuction can help boost confidence by eliminating stubborn areas of fat that never seem to go away no matter how much you diet or exercise.
- What is the 'side boob' trend and how can plastic surgery help you achieve it?The most sought-after trend in breasts? Side boob. The look is getting more attention in the media, but how do you achieve it?
- Taking the mystery out of Botox and dermal fillersAccording to the latest plastic surgery statistics report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there were approximately 7.4 million injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) and 2.6 million dermal filler injections in 2018.
- How reliable are online reviews for plastic surgery?While a doctor's website is often reliable, there is nonetheless the potential for bias, so patients often rely on online reviews to offer "social proof."
- What is liquid rhinoplasty?A liquid rhinoplasty, or nonsurgical rhinoplasty, is the injection of dermal fillers into the nose to alter its shape.
- Which breast surgery is right for you? Explaining augmentations, lifts and reductionsKnowing what kind of procedure is needed for a specific situation can be the tricky part, especially for people who are new to the idea of cosmetic plastic surgery.
- Are you a good candidate for breast reduction?If you ask a plastic surgeon who are the most satisfied patients, they will almost unanimously say that it's breast reduction patients.
- Breast lift with fat grafting can be beneficial for mothers after breastfeedingWhen it comes to breastfeeding, the combination of time, gravity and weight changes can cause the breast tissue to sag, resulting in a shape that is more elliptical than round.
- What you need to know about your liposuction recoveryDid you know that liposuction is the second most popular cosmetic surgery treatment? So if you're considering liposuction, you're in good company.
- What to expect at every stage of your labiaplastyLabiaplasty is a surgical procedure that can improve both cosmetic and health concerns in your vaginal area by reshaping or resizing the vaginal lips, or labia.
- Investing in your safety when choosing to have plastic surgeryBefore embarking on elective plastic surgery, you have choices to make. Who will perform your surgery? Where will your surgeon operate? How much will you pay? If your top priority is low cost, you might not be making the best decision.
- Five common questions everyone has about getting a faceliftA surgical facelift remains an excellent option for many women and men who want better facial definition, smoother skin and an overall younger appearance.
- Three popular options for male body contouringGynecomastia is a condition that causes enlargement of male breast tissue, and the number of men seeking out surgery for gynecomastia has continued to increase over the years.
- Two types of rhinoplasty explained – cosmetic vs functionalRhinoplasty may involve altering the size and shape of the nostrils, bridge, nasal tip and/or other structures. The goal is harmonizing the shape and proportion of the nose with the entire face.
Dr. Johnston Honored for 25 years as Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health
Everyone at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates would like to congratulate Dr. Johnston on 25 fabulous years as the Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health. Not only was Dr. Johnston born in this hospital, it is also where he underwent his residency and dedicated 25 years volunteering in the chairman role to help
Get Radiant Skin this Summer with HydraFacial
Summer is finally here, which means more fun in the sun! However, patients should be wary of too much sun exposure; not only can the sun leave your skin dry and cracked, it can also contribute to sun damage and signs of aging. In fact, 90% of skin damage is caused by sun exposure. While
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Reading Nutrition Labels
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one-third of U.S. adults have obesity. We are all aware that obesity can cause a myriad of health problems, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and more. However, studies show that fewer than 50% of people say they pay attention to nutritional
ASPS Releases 2016 Plastic Surgery Stats
The America Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has released its annual plastic surgery statistics report. The report shows a continued growth in many plastic and cosmetic procedures over the last year. In 2016, Americans spent more than ever on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, totaling $16 billion. Read on to learn which procedures have risen in