When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Well, you see you of course! However, as we age, we may begin to notice that our reflections are showing signs of aging, and appear a bit haggard. If this sounds like you, don’t panic thinking that invasive surgery is your only option. Today,
- Should you add liposuction to your tummy tuck?For many men and women, a combination liposuction plus abdominoplasty can create enhanced results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Facial rejuvenation procedures should be customized for each patientThe term "facial rejuvenation" can be applied to many popular procedures, and it's important to understand which procedure is right for you and your goals.
- What you need to know about thread liftsUntil recently, the only way to address problems caused by facial skin laxity—such as jowls and drooping cheeks—was facelift surgery.
- Can 3D imaging help you pick the perfect breast implants?Making a decision about breast implant size can be much more involved than patients might realize, which is why using a 3D imaging can be so helpful.
- What you do in the years after a facelift can affect your resultsThe way you care for your skin after your facelift will play a major role in determining how long you may be able to enjoy those same beautiful results.
- Five minimally invasive treatments to look your best this summerTake advantage of the summer months to stock up on some of these great minimally invasive skin and body treatments so you can look and feel your best while the weather is at its most gorgeous!
- Why today's breast augmentation is better than everWith the latest implant options and surgical techniques, breast augmentation today is now even better than ever and can help women get the natural look they want while also improving their self-confidence and body image.
- When is the time right for body contouring after major weight loss?Achieving a major weight loss goal is a huge success by itself and certainly a milestone to celebrate. Yet, even after having achieved their weight loss goals, many men and women struggle with excess skin after significant weight loss that can hinder their final results.
- Everything you need to know about getting a faceliftTo help you find the accurate answers you're looking for, here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about getting a facelift, from how to tell if a facelift could be right for you to the best way to achieve long-lasting results.
- The added benefit of nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenationNonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation can reduce or eliminate urinary stress incontinence, a very common problem that affects a number of women at various stages of life.
- Saline vs silicone implants for breast augmentationOne of the most talked-about choices in terms of breast augmentation is saline vs silicone. Women considering breast augmentation should find a plastic surgeon they feel comfortable discussing this choice with.
- What is the TRAM flap breast reconstruction technique?A TRAM flap breast reconstruction procedure involves moving a small amount of the patient's abdominal tissue, including fat and muscle, to the chest, where it can then be used to rebuild the breast mound.
- How does gynecomastia affect boys and men at different ages?Gynecomastia is a condition in which excess glandular breast tissue leads to an enlargement of the male breasts. The causes of the condition and recommended treatment options may differ depending on the patient's age.
- Comparing upper facelift, mid facelift and lower faceliftThere are countless different types of facelifts, but the three of the most important terms for patients to understand are upper facelift, mid facelift and lower facelift.
- What is capsular contracture and how can it be treated?In some breast augmentation patients, a capsule of scar tissue can become unusually hard and contract around the implant. This can lead to both aesthetic problems and, in extreme cases, pain in the breasts.
Dr. Johnston Honored for 25 years as Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health
Everyone at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates would like to congratulate Dr. Johnston on 25 fabulous years as the Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health. Not only was Dr. Johnston born in this hospital, it is also where he underwent his residency and dedicated 25 years volunteering in the chairman role to help
Get Radiant Skin this Summer with HydraFacial
Summer is finally here, which means more fun in the sun! However, patients should be wary of too much sun exposure; not only can the sun leave your skin dry and cracked, it can also contribute to sun damage and signs of aging. In fact, 90% of skin damage is caused by sun exposure. While
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Reading Nutrition Labels
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one-third of U.S. adults have obesity. We are all aware that obesity can cause a myriad of health problems, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and more. However, studies show that fewer than 50% of people say they pay attention to nutritional
ASPS Releases 2016 Plastic Surgery Stats
The America Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has released its annual plastic surgery statistics report. The report shows a continued growth in many plastic and cosmetic procedures over the last year. In 2016, Americans spent more than ever on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, totaling $16 billion. Read on to learn which procedures have risen in