When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Well, you see you of course! However, as we age, we may begin to notice that our reflections are showing signs of aging, and appear a bit haggard. If this sounds like you, don’t panic thinking that invasive surgery is your only option. Today,
- How to prepare for post-weight loss body contouring surgerySignificant weight loss can often leave behind loose unwanted skin in areas of the body including the abdomen, arms, thighs and buttocks. If your weight loss has left you with excess loose, sagging skin, you might consider body contouring.
- Your facelift recovery explained from Day 1 to Day 30If you are considering a facelift procedure, it's important to know not just about the surgical procedure but the protocol following surgery as well.
- Four tips to prepare for gynecomastia surgeryIt is estimated that one in four men between the ages of 50 and 69 are affected by gynecomastia, which is a condition causing overdeveloped or enlarged male breasts.
- Why the holiday season is the perfect time for plastic surgeryWhether it's to look and feel your best for your holiday social events or recover in time for summer, the holiday season is usually a plastic surgeon's busiest time of the year.
- What to look for in breast augmentation before and after photosOnce you've decided that breast augmentation is the right procedure for you, choosing the right plastic surgeon to help you with this life transforming next step might seem overwhelming.
- Getting a minimally invasive procedure for your holiday partiesThe holidays are approaching quickly, and we all want to look our best when attending the many family gatherings and parties during the season.
- What sort of scarring could you see from breast augmentation?Because breast enhancement is a surgical procedure, scarring is an inevitable part of the procedure. That said, there are lots of ways to reduce scarring and make it less noticeable.
- What is a nonsurgical facelift?As nonsurgical procedures become increasingly safe and effective, more men and women are taking notice. So, what exactly is a nonsurgical facelift?
- How to achieve the ultimate jawlineEver noticed that having a sharp, defined jawline is a sign of health, fitness and youth? At any age, a well-defined jaw helps show off a more youthful you.
- Breast lift vs breast augmentation vs breast implants – what's the difference?You may have seen terms like breast lift, breast augmentation and breast implants used interchangeably. To help shed some light on these procedures, this blog will explain the differences and who can benefit most from each.
- How the modern tummy tuck can do more than ever beforeLong gone are the days when tummy tucks required many weeks of recovery. Today's technological advancements are allowing you to get the results you want in less time and with less discomfort.
- What's the difference between a breast reduction and a breast lift?Breast reduction and breast lift procedures can be great options for women who wish to reduce or alter the position of their breasts. Which one should you choose?
- What are realistic changes that can be made to the nose in a typical rhinoplasty?Patients often seek out a rhinoplasty to reduce the overall size of the nose and to reshape the nose to address exaggerated features that they find undesirable.
- Breast augmentation recovery – what you need to knowLearning what to expect after a breast augmentation and how long it will take to feel completely recovered can help patients better prepare for what can be a life-transforming experience.
- Five tried-and-true tips for men considering plastic surgeryWhen it comes to appearance, men are really no different than women. They do not want to look old, tired or out of shape. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 1.3 million male aesthetic procedures were performed in 2017.
Dr. Johnston Honored for 25 years as Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health
Everyone at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates would like to congratulate Dr. Johnston on 25 fabulous years as the Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health. Not only was Dr. Johnston born in this hospital, it is also where he underwent his residency and dedicated 25 years volunteering in the chairman role to help
Get Radiant Skin this Summer with HydraFacial
Summer is finally here, which means more fun in the sun! However, patients should be wary of too much sun exposure; not only can the sun leave your skin dry and cracked, it can also contribute to sun damage and signs of aging. In fact, 90% of skin damage is caused by sun exposure. While
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Reading Nutrition Labels
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one-third of U.S. adults have obesity. We are all aware that obesity can cause a myriad of health problems, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and more. However, studies show that fewer than 50% of people say they pay attention to nutritional
ASPS Releases 2016 Plastic Surgery Stats
The America Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has released its annual plastic surgery statistics report. The report shows a continued growth in many plastic and cosmetic procedures over the last year. In 2016, Americans spent more than ever on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, totaling $16 billion. Read on to learn which procedures have risen in