When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Well, you see you of course! However, as we age, we may begin to notice that our reflections are showing signs of aging, and appear a bit haggard. If this sounds like you, don’t panic thinking that invasive surgery is your only option. Today,
- Having plastic surgery? Here's how to prepare for a smooth recoveryAfter you've decided to have plastic surgery and you’ve chosen a great plastic surgeon, you're probably going to get a great result, right? Actually, there is someone else just as essential to a great outcome – you!
- Are you a good candidate for breast augmentation?There are several criteria that patients should meet in order for a plastic surgeon to classify you as a good candidate for breast augmentation.
- A plastic surgery Q&A with ASPS President Alan Matarasso, MD, FACSASPS compiled six of the most popular questions from its Ask a Surgeon service and asked ASPS President Alan Matarasso, MD, FACS, to provide answers.
- What can men expect during their dermal fillers recovery?Noninvasive techniques, such as injectable dermal fillers, offer men the advantage of a quick, in-office procedure with immediate results and no downtime.
- Why plastic surgery tourism isn't necessarily a good dealAs plastic surgery has become more common and accepted, patients have begun to shop internationally for deals and discounts. This has sparked an entirely new category of travel dubbed "plastic surgery tourism."
- Four noninvasive cosmetic treatments customized for menAs noninvasive cosmetic treatments continue to grow in popularity, so has their demand among men. Theses procedures can offer wonderful results, little downtime and affordable costs.
- What to look for in a quality med spaA med spa is a combination of an aesthetic medical center and a day spa that provides nonsurgical aesthetic medical services.
- Four medical benefits of a tummy tuckAlso known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that tightens stomach muscles and helps eliminate excess skin and abdominal creases.
- Breast augmentation – why cost shouldn’t be the first question you askOne of the most common questions regarding breast augmentation is "how much does it cost?"
- Your 6-month guide to planning a tummy tuckAn abdominoplasty, better known as a tummy tuck, is a surgical procedure that requires careful planning and meticulous follow-up care for the best results.
- Understanding revision rhinoplasty and why patients seek out this procedureRevision rhinoplasty applies to any patient who has previously undergone rhinoplasty one or more times and desires improvement in the appearance and often the function of the nose.
- Where on your body can you get liposuction?Liposuction is still consistently one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the United States. More than 258,000 people opted to undergo liposuction in 2018.
- How to find a plastic surgeonWhile it's become easier and more commonplace to get plastic surgery, it can feel a tad daunting when patients begin their search for a qualified plastic surgeon to whom they can entrust their treatment.
- What is an auto-augmentation breast lift?Auto-augmentation is best suited for women with ample breast tissue who want to enhance the appearance of their sagging breasts without losing size.
- Five questions to ask at your vaginal rejuvenation consultationThe term "vaginal rejuvenation" can cover a wide variety of procedures both surgical and nonsurgical. These types of procedures can help tighten the vaginal canal as well as reshape the vulva area.
Dr. Johnston Honored for 25 years as Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health
Everyone at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates would like to congratulate Dr. Johnston on 25 fabulous years as the Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Department at Orlando Health. Not only was Dr. Johnston born in this hospital, it is also where he underwent his residency and dedicated 25 years volunteering in the chairman role to help
Get Radiant Skin this Summer with HydraFacial
Summer is finally here, which means more fun in the sun! However, patients should be wary of too much sun exposure; not only can the sun leave your skin dry and cracked, it can also contribute to sun damage and signs of aging. In fact, 90% of skin damage is caused by sun exposure. While
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Reading Nutrition Labels
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one-third of U.S. adults have obesity. We are all aware that obesity can cause a myriad of health problems, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and more. However, studies show that fewer than 50% of people say they pay attention to nutritional
ASPS Releases 2016 Plastic Surgery Stats
The America Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) has released its annual plastic surgery statistics report. The report shows a continued growth in many plastic and cosmetic procedures over the last year. In 2016, Americans spent more than ever on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, totaling $16 billion. Read on to learn which procedures have risen in